Welcome to join
“Family Cooking 2020 at Home”
An International Online Event
An initiative of Grace Ladies Singapore
Event Start Date: 1st August 2020
Event Place: Online (at our website and social media pages)
Participants: only Families
Dishes: Only Vegetarian (Grace Ladies are animal lovers)
Event Level: International
Purpose of Event:
- Making the family bonding
- Provide an opportunity for family cooking and showcase it on an international level
- Engage the peoples to spend an awesome time for their relaxation
- Learning about some new cooking skills
- Showcase the importance of Online events
Family Cooking 2020 by Ruchi & family
1 cup Gram Flour (Besan)
1½ teaspoons Lemon juice
1 teaspoon Eno Fruit Salt
1 teaspoon crushed Green Chilli-Ginger
3/4 cup Water
1/4 cup Curd (yogurt)
1 teaspoon Oil (for greasing)
1/2 teaspoon Salt, or to taste
2 tablespoons Oil
10-15 Curry Leaves
1/2 teaspoon Mustard Seeds,
1 tablespoon Sugar
4 Green Chillies, slit lengthwise and cut into halves,
2 tablespoons grated Coconut,
1/3 cup Water
Start preparing Gujrati dhokla recipe. First of all, take a large mixing bowl and combine all ingredients listed under batter. Make a smooth batter. Dhokla is prepared with gram flour and yogurt batter using Eno fruit salt.
Meanwhile, preheat the steamer by adding water and greasing the dhokla plates.
Once the steamer is ready, mix the Eno fruit salt and stir in one direction. Due to adding eno batter will increase in volume, almost double.
Immediately pour this batter into greased plates and steam it for 10-12 mins over medium heat.
After 10-12 mins insert a toothpick, check it should come out clean. If not than steam it for another 5 min.
Switch off the flame, and allow dhokla to cool down before cutting them with a knife. Meanwhile, prepare for dressing,Heat oil in a heavy bottom pan add mustard seeds, slit green chili, curry leaves.After that add 4 tablespoon water in it and 1tablespoon sugar n pinch of salt.pour this dressing into pieces of dhokla n spread grated coconut in it. Now enjoy Gujrati dhokla with green chutney or ketchup.
Family Cooking 2020 by Minal & family
1. Add Custard Powder to a small mixing bowl. Pour 4 tbsp of milk and mix well.
2. The mixture has to be smooth without any lumps.
3. Add sugar and milk to a pan. Begin to heat it on a medium flame.
4. When the milk turns hot, add custard milk in batches.
5. Mix well and keep stirring to avoid having any lumps.
6. Continue to boil for 7-8 mins. When the mixture turns thick, turn of the stove.
7. Cover it immediately and refrigerate for up to 3-4 hrs.
8. Wash the fruits well and chill them too.
9. Just before serving custard, chop them to bite-sized pieces.
10. Add them to a serving bowl.
11. Whisk the chill custard well until smooth.
12. Pour fruits into the mixture and gently mix.
13. Garnish it with pomegranate seeds
Yaay your Fruit custard is now ready to serve. Have fun!
Family Cooking 2020 by Kartiki & family
Carrot Cashew Rabadi
•Carrorts (2 pcs)
•Cashew 1 big bowl (soak for 1 hr in water before use)
•Sugar 1 big bowl(as per your choice)
•Condensed Milk- as per taste otherwise 1/2 cup of milk
Recipe – Peel off the Carrot skin and cook it in the cooker. After it cools down, grind the mixture of Sugar+Cooked Carrots+Soaked Cashews+ Milk+Cardamom and Condensed Milk as per taste.
Keep this mixture in the refrigerator for 1 to 2 hrs for better taste.
Fruit Biscuit Truffle
•Crushed Marie Biscuits(with •Sugar+Butter)
•Apple mixed with Cream/Yogurt+Sugar+Cinnamon Powder)
Serve this layers as per your choice in a Glass Bowl and Refrigerate for 1 to 2 hrs before serving.
Family Cooking 2020 by Rati & family
(From Paris, France)
Delicious bakery-style recipe of veg puffs
300 grams puff pastry sheets or dough – homemade or store brought
120 grams potatoes or 2 small to medium potatoes or ½ cup chopped potatoes in small cubes
70 grams carrots or 1 small to medium carrot or ⅓ to ½ cup chopped carrot in small cubes
60 grams green peas (Mattar) or ⅓ cup green peas
100 grams onion or 1 large onion or 1 cup thinly sliced onions
1.5 to 2 tablespoons oil
½ teaspoon ginger-garlic paste
¼ teaspoon turmeric powder (haldi)
¼ to ½ teaspoon red chili powder (lal mirch powder)
¼ to ½ teaspoon garam masala powder
salt as required
2 tablespoons chopped coriander leaves (dhania patta)
Cooking veggies for veg puff:
Rinse, peel and chop 2 medium potatoes, 1 medium carrot in small cubes.
You will need about 1/2 cup chopped potatoes, 1/3 to 1/2 cup chopped carrots. Take them in a small pan or bowl. Also add 1/3 cup green peas.
Now place this pan in a pressure cooker. Before placing the pan in pressure cooker, add 1.5 cups water in the cooker.
Pressure cook for 3 to 4 whistles or 8 to 9 minutes or till the veggies are steamed well.
When the pressure settles down, open the lid and check if the veggies are cooked well or not.
You can also steam or cook the veggies in a pot or pan or a steamer. Strain the veggies and keep aside.
Making veggie filling for veg puff:
Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a kadai. Add 1 cup thinly sliced onions.
Begin to saute the onions on a low to medium flame till the onions turn a light brown.
Then add 1/2 teaspoon ginger-garlic paste and saute till the raw aroma of ginger garlic goes away.
Next add the steamed veggies. Mix the veggies very well.
Now add the following spices – 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder, 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder and 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon garam masala powder and salt. You can also add 1/4 teaspoon coriander powder if you want.
Mix the spices and salt very well with the rest of the veggies.
Mix again and then switch off the flame. Check the taste and add more red chili powder or garam masala powder if required.
Lastly add 2 tablespoons chopped coriander leaves. Mix well and keep the veg stuffing aside till it cools down at room temperature.
Rolling and stuffing veg puff :
Before you begin, making the veg puffs, preheat your oven to 250 degrees celsius/480 degrees fahrenheit for at least 15 minutes.
Sprinkle some flour on the dough and roll it evenly to get a 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick base.
Now slice in rectangles. For a neater finish you can trim the edges if you want.
Place 2 to 3 tablespoons of the stuffing in center.
Brush the edges with water.
Then join and lightly press the edges of each puff. Don’t press too much as we want the layers in them.
If you want you can even press lightly with a fork to give some design. Some milk can also be brushed on the puffs to get a golden color.
Family Cooking 2020 by Saumya & family
Smiley Fun Sandwiches recipe
Family Cooking 2020 by Madhuri & family
1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted hottly
1 spoon ghee
1 tablespoon cooking oil
1 1/8 cup powdered sugar
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1/2 cup all purpose flour ..maida
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
Some choco chips
Firstly preheat the oven for 10 mins at 180 degree now Take a bowl add maida, choco powder, powder sugar n mix well now add water, vanilla essence, oil,n mix well till it becomes a medium dough
Now in cake pan apply oil n butter paper den pour the mixed dough into pan n heat it for 20 mins in oven till dough get ready
Now Take another pan add butter, some ghee n dark chocalate n melt with water help n after ur Brownie get ready in the oven to take out n cool for 5 mins, now on Brownie make a layer of the chocolate melted layer
On top of Brownie garnish with choco chips n almonds
Ur Choco Brownie with chocalate layer is ready.
Family Cooking 2020 by Snehal & family
1 cup Milk powder
2 cups Full cream milk
1/4 cup Sugar
Spoon of ghee
Pistachios for Garnishing.
*Heat the pan
*Add some ghee
*Let it boil and then add milk powder
*Let this mixture get thickened.
*And Immediatley put it on a flat surface
*Spread evenly on flat surface
* Top with Pistachios or nut of your choice
* Cut into square pieces
* Ready to serve
Family Cooking 2020 by Deepika & family
Family Cooking 2020 by Ruchi & family
Family Cooking 2020 by Shailja & family
Boiled potatoes – 3
One small beetroot
Grated carrot (half piece carrot)
Mashed paneer- 3 tbsp
Green peas- 2 tbsp
Capsicum- 1 tbsp
Half onion (chopped)
Ginger garlic paste – 1 spoon
Corn kernels (optional)
Maida- 2 tbsp
Chopped coriander leaves
1. Heat little oil. Add chopped onions and sauté for some time. Add ginger garlic paste and fry.
2. Add grated carrot, green peas, beetroot and capsicum and let it cook.
3. When done, remove the pan from the fire and let it cool.
4. Mash the boiled potatoes in a bowl. Add the mashed paneer into it along with the cooked vegetables, salt, chaat masala, jeera powder, chopped coriander and some breadcrumbs. Mix thoroughly.
5. Shape the cutlets
6. Make a maida slurry and dip the cutlets in it. Roll the cutlets in breadcrumbs.
7. Deep fry/shallow fry and serve hot with any chutney or sauce of your choice.
Family Cooking 2020 by Rashmi & family
Gujiya the Most Favourite Indian Festive Sweet. Filled with khoya and dried fruits in the North. Gujiya or pedakiyais a sweet deep-fried dumpling, native to the Indian subcontinent, made with suji (semolina) or maida (all-purpose flour) stuffed with a mixture of sweetened khoa (milk solids; also called mawa) and dried fruits, and fried in ghee.
Mumbai’s street snacks, the vada pav has grown to be the darling of the masses.
A pillowy pav, stuffed with a golden-fried spiced batata (potato) vada, covered with a tamarind and coriander chutneys and a sprinkling of garlic masala – the vada pav is starch heaven, an instant energy booster.
Vada is made by deep frying spiced potato balls/rounds. So you start by boiling the potatoes. Once the potatoes are boiled, you mash them and then temper the mashed potatoes with simple spices like mustard seeds, hing (asafetida) and curry leaves. Then make balls out of the potato mixture and then fry them in hot oil after coating them in a chickpea batter…now serving this vadas with pav, tamarind chutney, green chutney
Churma Ladoo is a famous Rajasthani, Gujarati dessert or sweet dish. It is prepared by moulding and grinding deep-fried wheat flour dumplings with sugar…Add 1 tbsp ghee in whole wheat flour and mix nicely with your fingers.Knead a tight dough using warm water.Keep covered for 10 minutes.
Knead again for a minute and divide the dough into 6 pieces. Make balls of the dough and roll into 1 cm thick disc. Heat ghee in a pan and deep fry the discs on low – medium heat till they are golden brown. Keep the fried discs covered till they cool down. Meanwhile, fry the chopped almonds and cashew nuts in a tbsp of ghee and keep aside. Break the discs into small pieces and coarsely grind in a blender.Add the remaining ghee in a pan and add the ground mixture.
Fry the mixture for 2-3 minutes on medium heat. Add the fried dry fruits, powdered sugar and cardamom powder in the mixture and make small ladoos.
Family Cooking 2020 by Apoorva & family
Make the batter for crispy masala dosa
1. Add half cup urad dal, 3 tablespoons chana dal and half teaspoon methi seeds to a large pot or bowl. Also measure 3 tablespoons poha and set aside. Wash and soak it just 30 mins before blending the batter.
2. Also measure 1½ cups raw rice & ½ cups idli rice. You can also use only raw rice. Add them to another large bowl.
3. Wash and soak them separately for 4 to 5 hours.
4. Drain water from dal. Add dal and poha to a blender jar with 1¼ cup water and salt as needed.
5. Blend them to a batter that is frothy and bubbly. The batter must not be very thick or very runny at this stage.
6. Transfer that to a bowl. Use glass or ceramic bowls if you live in a hot place. This prevents the batter from turning sour.
7. Blend rice with half cup water to a slightly coarse (fine semolina texture) or a smooth batter to suit your liking. If you have a small blender then blend the rice in 2 batches.
8. If needed pour another ¼ cup water.
9. Pour that as well to the bowl with dal batter.
10. Mix everything well.
11. Cover and allow to ferment in a warm place for 6 to 16 hours depending on your climate or temperature.
Family Cooking 2020 by Swapnesh & family
Family Cooking 2020 by Mital & family
2 cup rice
1/2 cup urad dal (split black gram)
2 tbsp oil
1/2 tbsp green chili and ginger paste
1/2 cup beetroot puree
3 tbsp curd
Salt to test
1/2 tsp oil for greasing
First soak rice and urad dal together in water for about 4 to 5 hours. Wash and soak them as well in the required water.
In a grinder jar, add the soaked rice and urad dal together with curd and grind to a smooth and thick batter. Now transfer this batter into a bowl, and then cover the bowl with a lid. Keep this in a warm place to ferment overnight.
Divide the fermented batter into two portions. to one add green chilli and ginger paste, 1 tbsp oil and salt and to other add beetroot puree, 1 tbsp oil and salt. Mix them well.
Also bring to a boil 2 to 3 cups of water in a steamer. meanwhile grease the dhokla plate with oil. Frist take beetroot batter and add 1/2 tsp soda mix constantly it becomes fluffy then pour in dhokala plate. Same way makes other mixture and pour in the same dhokla plate. Pour it slowly. Take one fork and mix it. Not a proper mix but just like a marble effect. steamer for 15mints.
take out dhokla plate from steamer, rest for 5 to 6 mints.
Spinach avocado rice
2 tbsp ghee
1 finely chopped onion
2 cup washed and finely chopped spinach
1 cup basmati rice (soaked)
1 lemon juice
1/2 cup chopped capsicum
1 tsp green chilli and ginger paste
1/2 tsp black paper
Heat the ghee in a pan, add the onion and gently cook until softened but not colored.
Add the capsicum and cook them, then add spinach, green chili and ginger paste, and salt as per your test. Cook on high heat, stirring regularly.
Add rice and water, then bring to the boil. turn the heat slow down, cover the pan with lid and cook for 15 mins or until the rice has cooked and absorbed all the water.
When the rice is cooked, stir gently and add chopped avocado, black paper and squeeze over the lemon juice to taste and mix it very well.
Coconut pineapple rice
1 cup of coconut milk
1 1/2 cup water
1 cup basmati rice (soaked)
1 cup chopped pineapple
Salt to test
Wash rice and put into the pot. add coconut milk, water and a pinch of salt.bring to boil then lower heat to minimum. Cover the pot with lid. Cook for 15 to 20 minutes until it dries up and holes appear on the surface.turn off the stove. Leave the lid on for another 5 mints before serving the rice. Then add chopped pineapple and stir well. Ready to serve.
1/2 cup grated carrot
1 cup basmati rice soaked and drained
2 tbsp ghee
1/4 tsp cumin seeds
1 tsp ginger and green chili paste
1/4 cup tomato puree
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp red chilli powder
Salt to test
Heat 2 tbsp ghee in nonstick pan. Add cumin seeds and saute till seeds begin to change color.add grated carrot and saute 3 to 4 mints then add ginger and green chili paste, red chili powder, tomato puree, turmeric, salt and mix well. Add 1 cup water and mix, cover and cook till the rice is done.
Place a ring mold in the serving plate.put the green rice in the mold and press lightly. add cooked white rice and press lightly. top it with orange rice and press lightly. remove the ring mold slowly and serve.
Family Cooking 2020 by Malliga & family
Spicy Tahu Sambal (Bean Curd)
* 1 pack of firm tofu, cut into squares
* 2 large tomatoes (chopped)
* 2 large onions (sliced thinly)
* 1 clove of garlic (chopped)
* 1/2 inch piece of ginger (chopped)
* 1/2 cup of cilantro (chopped for garnish)
* 1/2 cup of light soya sauce (optional)
* 3 tsps of sambal oelek or soak 6 to 10 red chillies and grind them to a wet paste)
* 2 tsp tomato puree
* 2 tsp of sugar
* Salt to taste
* Oil for frying
How to Make Spicy (Tofu Sambal Bean curd)
* Marinate the tofu pieces with turmeric for 30 minutes.
* Heat a pan and add enough oil to cover the bottom.
* Fry the tofu on all sides until golden brown. Drain on a paper towel.
* Use the same oil to fry the garlic, ginger, onions, red chili paste until the oil comes to the surface or until aroma spreads.
* Add tomato puree, tomatoes and salt to taste.
* Cook until it is a smooth gravy and add water, if it thickens or sticks to the pan.
* Add sugar which will caramelize and make the gravy dark red.
* Add tofu pieces to the gravy and stir well before you garnish with cilantro.
* Serve with steamed Coconut rice.
Preparation for sambar recipe
* Wash toor dal a few times in cooker or pot until the water runs clear.
* Pour 2 cups water & pressure cook for 2 to 4 whistles depending on the brand of the cooker. If cooking in Instant pot, press the pressure cook button & set the timer for 9 mins. If you do not have a pressure cooker, it can be cooked in a pot until soft adding more water as needed.
* Rinse all the veggies. Scrape the drumsticks lightly & rinse. Chop them to 2 inch pieces. Peel the shallots as well & rinse.
* Dice tomatoes & chop ladies finger to 1 inch pieces. Or choice of your vegetables Keep all these aside.
How to make Vegetables Sambar
* Heat 1 tsp oil in a pot. Saute onions for 1 minute. Add all the veggies & saute for 2 mins.
* Stir in the chilli powder (optional) and pour 5 cups of water. When the water turns hot, take ¼ cup hot water with a ladle to a bowl. Add tamarind & set aside to soak.
* When the veggies are cooked al dente, add turmeric, sambar powder & salt. Squeeze the tamarind and pour the tamarind water. I prefer to filter the tamarind water while pouring.
* Cook for 3 to 5 minutes. When the pressure releases, mash the dal to smooth with a masher or ladle.
* Stir it to the boiling sambar. Adjust salt and tamarind if needed. Bring it to a gentle boil and add coriander leaves
Family Cooking 2020 by Aruna & family
Take one tin can milkmaid & coconut. Can take 2 fresh coconuts & frozen grated coconut if small packet take 2 or big packet. Add both ingredients into kadai & mix it on medium flame. When it will be dry, switch off the flame. When it will be cool down, start to make laddu.
Family Cooking 2020 by Soumi & family
Korean Veg Roll
Ingredients – Eggs – 4. Carrots – 1. Capsicum – 1. Corns – as per taste Beans – 2 to 3. Apart from this , Chilli powder, Pepper powder, oil and salt ( as per taste).
Take 4 eggs in a bowl, Put some egg mixture In a hot pan, then add some carrots, beans, corns, capsicum to it. Add salt , chili powder, pepper powder to it. And then after 1min fold it. Now put the remaining half mixture in the hot pan. Again add some vegetables to it and fold. Lastly cut the whole thing into 3 to 4 piece. It can be eaten with tomato sauce or mustard sauce. Yummy and healthy.
How to participate in Event:
Send all these details at +6596740041 (Whatsapp only)
Step1: send 2 photos (one should be your family photo during cooking and another should be for your cooked dish)
Minimum one dish | Maximum 3 dishes
Step 2: send the name of all participants of your family. Please note, it is not compulsory for all family members to participate. (maybe MOM-KIDS / MOM-SON / MOM-DAUGHTER / MOM-DAD-KIDS / DAD-KIDS / HUSBAND-WIFE / GRANDPARENTS-GRANDSON-DAUGHTER / ONLY GRANDPARENTS)
A certificate will be provided to all from Grace Ladies Singapore
Step3: Send the recipe of your prepared dish (that recipe will be posted at our website with your photos)